Wednesday, May 7, 2008

With This Ring...

3 years ago today, as I was preparing to walk down the aisle to my favorite person in the world, I was nervous, excited, and ready. I could not wait to be with this wonderful man every day for the rest of my life. And at that time, I didn't even know the extent of my man's wonderful-ness, as I do now.
He: takes care of me, provides for us, makes wise decisions, always makes me laugh, gives good shoulder rubs, loves our puppies, knows how I like my hamburger, is a good driver on road trips, loves the same music I do, has such a dry sense of humor that often no one but me knows that he's joking when he is being his sarcastic self in public -(love that!), rides the big tall roller coasters, slow dances with me in our living room, sings in the shower, is understanding if I have to work late into the evening, knows that I love celebrity gossip and will fill me in if I've missed the latest headline, cooks for me everyday, goes on walks with me and the dogs in the evenings even though he is tired from his day, will change the channel off of sports if I sit to watch TV with him to find something that we will both enjoy to watch, will run errands with me just so we can be together, and of course the list could go on, but most importantly, he loves me.
(And I him!)

Happy Anniversary, my special someone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy anniversary Julie!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a great husband.

Anonymous said...

I remember that day WELL! I remember the centerpiece vases tumbling over in the unexpectedly STRONG winds, me & the girls running around sopping up water left & right, you wearing your "My Heart Belongs to Stuart" t-shirt--a nervous nellie. I remember the Cat Stevens song. I remember not being able to breathe in my bridesmaid dress... I remember the night before and you, true to your nature (!!), assembling a last-minute wedding decor craft. And the movie we watched at Cissy's, too! And I remember how BEAUTIFUL you were that day, too - and how happy & LUCKY Stuart looked to be standing next to you!!!!!