Friday, September 21, 2007

Weekend Jaunt

The hubby & I are about to head south to Houston to see our favorite quintet:




(In high school he was "all the rage" amongst the popular crowds, and for that very reason I DESPISED that band because who wants to like something just because it's "cool" to like it? So yeah, I had never even heard his stuff before other than the radio hits that were played at school dances. But once I met my *then future* husband in college, and was quick to judge his DMB loving heart, he patiently introduced me to all that was amazing about Dave's self-composed music once I actually listened!) Well, now the popular belief amongst groupies would be that his "old" stuff is way better than his "new" stuff, but who doesn't say that about a band? You only know the "old" stuff by heart!

I *heart* Dave! :)

So DMB in Houston tonight, then find something to entertain us in Houston tomorrow morning before we book it back to Dallas to see DMB in Dallas tomorrow night!
THEN...my best buds are taking me to Six Flags on Sunday for an early B-Day celebration!
Do weekends get much more fun than this....? I THINK NOT!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl - had a great time with you and hubby at DMB in HOUSTON.. can't wait for Dallas tonight. PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. and the photo's look great! what a wonderful gift to be giving to the world. :)