Friday, January 25, 2008

Simple & Lovely


M wanted her maternity session to be simple, black/white, and casual.
(Does little B have a baby in his tummy?)
Love it!


We had their shoot at my home studio. It's a cozy room, allowing B to feel like he can warm up to the idea of playing with mommy and daddy; so long as it's on the special, black fabric! (Nothing "special" about it, other than that's the spot where B would get his treat if he kissed mommy's belly.)
That was our goal for the session. M really wanted an image of her son kissing her tummy.


Along the way to that goal, B acquired a piece of gum, and Shrek tattoos, (which nudged him in the right direction because......)


We got the shot!
:)



I like to just focus on the belly, too. It's so perfectly round and lovely.
I kept this in color because the pink glow made me think of the little girl growing inside. *(She was born two days later!)*


Though I also really like this angle of the same image,
and ....



...in the end, I can't decide if I like it in sepia tones more.
Which do you think?

*I'm off for a weekend in Austin with my girlfriends celebrating one's birthday! I haven't been to Austin in years, and this will be my second trip this month! My sweet husband surprised me with a weekend away there as my Christmas present a couple weeks ago.
Talk to ya on Monday!

No comments: