Monday, January 7, 2008

An Appropriate Setting for a Christmas Session


My husband and I drove to Kaufman, Texas to meet this family the day after Christmas. The session was originally going to be on their family land, but you may recall large quantities of rain falling early that morning - so much so that we had to move locations because they didn't want to have a session in their swim suits.


They had a great idea to have the session at their family church. It's nice to incorporate something that is important to your family - not to mention the great architecture the church has. I thought that was the perfect alternate location!


They traveled from Kentucky to spend the holiday with his family. (And they are recently engaged!)


Do you remember me posting that for a wedding I had coming up, I rented this camera? Well, this shoot was the day before the wedding, so I had it for this session as well. This image sums up why I can't wait for the impending upgrade. That beautiful natural light and how it captured the gorgeous bokeh!


The grandkids...


The matriarch & patriarch of the family.

I love his burly, aged, cowboy exterior embracing his love - showing emotion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see how the rest of the pictures turned out. the pictures the you posted on your website were great. i cant wait to see the rest. yo uwere worth every penny we spent.

robert rubalcaba