Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gobble, Gobble


I wanted to share the outtakes from the Nov. cover shoot, but since we had one angle in mind, they all look like the picture above, (adorable!).
So instead, I'm going to share what took place after we got "the shot."


Our publisher is so sweet. She brought all the yummies for an apple pie and child-sized pans and aprons for the girls to play with. So M got to make a real pie, just for herself!


M's little sister, L, wasn't too keen at first on my lens hanging out in her face... but when she saw how much fun her big sister was having in the kitchen....


.... like here ... and ...


.... here ....


.... L soon forgot all about me and my big 'ole camera and got right to work baking her own pie...though hers was imaginary.
:)


A giant, heaping mouthful of your own pretend-baked goodness. mmmmm


M & L were great little models.
We did several shots with just M & her "Granna", (since you never know the outcome with a 2 & 1/2 yr. old!), but I'm so happy the final cut was a shot of all three girls.


Here they are!


*PERFECT!*


I can't believe that this shot is season-appropriate & it's already time to get the Thanksgiving recipes dusted off! Where has this year gone???
Though that makes me think, for me, getting my dream off the ground, with my husband, family, & friends' support, it's surely been one of the best yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Birdseye,
I am contacting you to photograph our 2008 daycare field trips and functions. We are a large bunch in Highland Park, but it seems you would be quite capable for the task. Your work seems to speak for itself - I am confident our most particular of clientele will be more than pleased.
Regards, Ms K. Howell

Anonymous said...

It's funny when I saw this picture on the denton connection I thought it was a super cute picture, I should have known it was Birdseye Photography! Bet you didn't know that Mrs White in that picture was my 5th & 6th grade PE teacher! HAHA Small world!! By the way.. it's me Chelsey