Sunday, November 25, 2007

From Our House to Yours

I have sessions waiting, desperate to be granted their own blog, but being that it's the holiday season, I thought I'd share some personal pictures from this weekend, and continue my regular session-sharing blog tomorrow...


Thanksgiving with mi familia!
My mother (in red), invited a friend for dinner (left), along with my father, my "baby" brother, his wife, and Stuart is at the other end of the table not pictured. (sorry, hon!) I have an older brother too, but he and his wife are out of the country.
My mom said, "I'll just keep the dinner simple this year. I won't make too much". Well, you can see, the lover of entertaining that she is, "simple" has a different definition in her dictionary than most! Everything was delicious, and I love that she uses the fine china at this meal and Christmas. It is definitely a season worthy of the good stuff!


Stuart made his first pecan pie from scratch with the pecans from our own backyard and this recipe! The bottom is a layer of chocolate chips.... yeah, divine....


My handsome hubby.
(Why is it that after all these years, the high school homecoming dance pose is the natural stance for pictures?!!?! Just comes out, make me stop!)


Black Friday met its match! There are actually three bags I had already put away when I decided this much holiday craziness should be captured. I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping though! Just a couple things left on the list!


Whilst I was out on my spree, my sweet husband was donning the holiday cheer! This is our first year to actually put lights on the house. Before we've only draped them through the bushes and around the dark window on our porch, (which we still have left to do this year, but I was so excited about the lights on the house, I had to post now!)
It was funny - our neighbor said, "those are some big lights!", to which I replied, "we like it old school!" :)
We actually had Stuart's mother help us find some in her city last year because we could only find a couple strands at our stores.
Simple & timeless.


My favorite now is seeing them glow outside of my office window while I work.


It really makes it feel warmer than the gray skies lead on.




(Macy watching her momma out of the window.)


(Not that any activity would get past Pearl...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hope you had a great thanksgiving!