Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Holiday Sessions, Clothing, Questions?


Wow! August has been a busy month! Pregnant mommies, newborn babies, and toddlers galore! Just like I like it, that's my sweet spot! Gimme some baby drool any day, can't get enough of the little ones! (Not to say it isn't nice every once in a while where my subjects are old enough that I don't have to jabber on in a Mickey Mouse-esque pitched voice to get their attention!....)

As September nears, it is * officially * time to start thinking about holiday sessions. Now, I realize our heat is just hitting us for the summer, after our months of rainy days... but the fall is definitely the busiest (bring it on!) season of the year, and several of you have already conversed with me about holiday family sessions, and well, people, people, I'm only one woman, we must plan ahead! (just kidding...) - but really, evidently I'm late jumping on the band wagon, considering a certain crafty store, already has HALF of their merchandise dedicated to Christmas. Yes, you'd think MAYBE Halloween, but even too early for Thanksgiving, but no, lets start trimming the tree and air up the inflatable Santa for the front yard! (And this was in July that I first made this bewildering discovery!)

Okay, so back to non-sarcastic Julie...

*Holiday '07 Mini-Sessions info. to be
announced soon!*

~ Think early October, 30 mins. of fun, laughter, and family caught on "film" (digitally, of course), resulting in a Christmas card package rivaling that of Hallmark... wait, better than Hallmark! (How can you compare mass-produced art to your baby's smile? I ask you this!)
***************************************************************************

- Clothing
: I am asked this question with every session (as it is an important one!)
What should we wear?
The age-old answer that you may have grown up hearing is: solids, simple, match everyone in the same color...

NO, NO, NO!!!

Give me color, bold patterns, funky accessories!!! *Especially* on kiddos! Kids don't see in black/white, why make them wear a white button-up shirt and khakis??? Bring on the tutus, superman capes and hats, oh how I looooove kids/babies in HATS!

Now I understand, that in your family picture which will be hung in your living room all year, you may not want your son wearing a Batman mask, yes, save those for his 4-yr.-old birthday session, but definitely, wear varying colors, that blend as a family! A great example is the session posted below:

The kids are each wearing different colors, but the shirt on the cutie in the glasses ties them all together! I know shopping for more than one child for portraits is daunting, but browse the aisles, find a shirt with different colors in it that you like and go with that color scheme for the other family members! In my little 'ole opinion, the images result so much warmer and life-like when everyone has their own little personality on display with wearing their own style shirt. (And even still matching!)
:)

I love to hear from you guys! If you have any questions, comments, etc., shoot me an email (birdseyephotography@yahoo.com), or leave a comment below in the comments section.
I can't wait for the coming months! The moments yet to be captured, the smiles waiting to bring joy!

No comments: