Saturday, July 12, 2008

Family who plays together stays together!!


Today was an eventful family day for the 'ole Birdseye house.... a
FAMILY FEUD day to be precise...


Yes! "Crazy" your thinking?! or "Who actually does that?!" I know! I still can't get over that we actually went through with this and auditioned!
Let me tell ya, it was So.Much.Fun.
Our team was: my mom, my sister-in-law, my little brother (behind John O'Hurley), my hubby, and myself.
My sister-in-law saw that they were having Dallas auditions and got the ball rolling. Before-hand, I was a little reserved, thinking, 'it will probably end up as a nice family afternoon together - most likely won't make the show', but it ended up being a FANTASTIC experience, and to-boot, I think we stand a chance at making it!


Take a look at our enthusiasm, if you will, and be the judge...


We always cheered after everyone's answer and said "good answer, good answer!!!"



We gave high-5's and hugs to each other if someone got the answer right, and if they got it wrong, we still cheered them on...we gave so much energy that it wore us out when we were finished!



Look at us clasping our hands in support of her answer! (We always wanted to look active, we tried to not just stand there with our hands at our side. Oh yeah, we had a strategy!)
:)



It was a room of about 30 families, or so, and two families took turns playing against each other in a mock-game, (you only played once as a family, they just paired you up with a random family.) We were asked two questions, so each family in the round had a chance to play, and our final question was "What is a bird that cannot fly?" It was the other team's turn to have all their players give an answer, which means our family had the chance to steal their points if they did not get all the answers. Well, they did not get all the answers, and so for our steal, my mom came up with "jailbird", and not only was that the correct answer, but the host said no one ever gets that part of the question!
I'm tellin' ya, we did so well!



We were funny, clever, entertaining, and not a bad bunch to look at, if the American audience will have us! It was SO FUN! We find out in a couple weeks if we made it, and I certainly will let you know!
*Oh, so my husband, wearing the Family Feud hat, was 1 of 2 people who got a hat! You only received the hat if you were a fun contestant, and had enthusiasm, and I think it bodes well for us that he was given one! The host of the show liked him because you know how, (if you're a Family Feud watcher), at the end of the round, when the host calls out the answers on the board that were left, as-in the contestants did not get all the answers, and after the host calls out the unnamed answers, the audience repeats what he says in a slow, monotone way. Well, my hubby had that down the whole time we were there, and we had a front row table, while the other families were competing, so we were in the view of the host and talent scout the whole time! It got to where, if there were a lot of unnamed answers at the end of the round, the host turned to my hubby, (we had name tags on), and said "Stuart, get ready, there's a lot to call out!"

AND.... since the Family Feud plays on channel 33 in Dallas, the news crew from that station was there! With us sitting in the front of the room, the cameraman taped us several times, and the camera was in my face, so it wasn't like I didn't know what was going on, so yes, we laid the cheering on THICK when the camera was in our face!

Turns out, we made the evening broadcast!

I am the one whooping my arm in the air yelling "let's go Keisha!" Do I know who Keisha is? No, but she was my co-auditioner, and the camera was in my face:




The screaming, cheering, clapping that is going on in the audience was done the whole two hours we were auditioning!

Fun was had.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've replayed your video over and over again! Go Keisha!!!
So awesome, I hope you guys make it!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN! I must stay tuned to see if you make it!