Wednesday, July 25, 2007

M & M & GG


My boys!!! (No, not my biological children!) But these kiddos are the closest thing to actually watching little ones grow that I have had the joy of experiencing!


(Yes, I actually had to scan this photo in...my pre-digital days!)
Halloween 2001 - (the first year I started as their "nanny") How CUTE are they!?
(Of course being that his mom is an Alpha Delta Pi alum - me too! - Michael had to be a lion!)


They call me "Gigi" (as in "jee-jee"). When I first met Michael, he was 17 mos. old, and his mom introduced me as "Julie" and he replied, "Gigi"? That's what I'm still called today by them, and of course I would never correct them. It would break my heart to hear them say my "real" name! They're the only ones who know me by anything other.


And they were the ring bearers in my wedding!
See, I wasn't joking when I said they are "my boys!"
(Didn't their mom do a great job picking out the pink ties and suspenders....gotta love little guys in suspenders!)
:)



Sweetie Michael is so smart... when he was 2, (this is my favorite story!) he and I and Mavrick were playing in the backyard when his mom said goodbye to us for the day as she left for work. Well, (I know that I do this, habits are well,...habits!) she locked the back door on accident when she got inside, and then of course the front door on her way out, (as a thoughtful mother wants to keep her home safe!) So yes, we were accidentally locked out...without a phone! ... but, they had a doggie door in back and lucky for us, Michael was just the right size to squeeze through. Now, he was verbal, but you know, he's two, his vocabulary consisted of Barney songs! But when I told him (through the door) to go to the kitchen table, get a chair, put it by the back door, stand on it, and unlock the door, he followed every instruction and saved the day for us!


Mavrick, (er...a...self-proclaimed: Flash Gordon) is such a goofball! Made me laugh all day! He's so lovey. He's going to be a romantic and make one girl very lucky someday!
(He's making the same face as the drawing of the man on the wall...)
:)


They're definitely best friends, and I'm just blessed that I get to be a part of their childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be the old lady at both their weddings who tells total strangers you used to babysit them! Those are gooood pics--it makes them look so MATURE! Very much 'ladies men'. :>)

Anonymous said...

GiGi, I am so glad you had a great day with our boys!! I love the pictures and can't way to see them with Michelle. Thank you for taking these, you are truly a blessing for these boys and they love you so much. hugs, Christy Corr