Thursday, March 20, 2008

Gawsh...

I typically ask the parents of my little subjects how they heard about Birdseye Photography. It's nice to get feedback since I have ads in various places around town, and so it is important for me to follow up with that. Well, I asked B's mommy how she heard about us, and here is her sweet reply:

" I always pick up the advertisements at [B's] daycare, and there were some cute pictures, but never what I wanted, and I decided I really wanted some good pictures since he was turning a year old. I would religiously look through those books for someone, but unfortunately they are only for Dallas and McKinney areas, so I went to local.yahoo.com and typed in photographers and any city I could think of and I went to their websites. I'm a big website person, so I do want to say, I think you have a great one, and I don't know why anyone would choose someone else after seeing it! "

So, just reading that made my day and I thought I would share.

That makes me think of the power of saying "thank you" to someone. Anyone! The clerk at a dept. store that helps you find your size, the elderly man that held the door open for you, or your spouse who brought you something from the other room so you would not have to get up after a long day at work. It really is such a simple phrase that holds so much meaning and power. Hearing a "thank you" not only fills your giving tank, but makes one want to do more kind things for others, and thereby beginning the pay it forward theory. If we all do one kind thing for someone, and instead of having them pay us back with a kind action, if they do a kind action for someone else, then in the end, we all have a kind thing done for us and we do something kind for others, the whole world over.

I must say that I love what I do, and so hearing those words from B's momma encourages me even more to use my photography as a service, and continue to donate sessions to families who may not be able to afford custom photography, or have urgent ailments.

This Easter weekend, with the theme of re-birth, I hope we all are reminded how important it is to say thank you for our blessings, to each other and our Lord, and help those who may not have the bounty of gifts which with we are abundantly blessed.

No comments: