Monday, December 10, 2007

Rewards

I'm up late (on Sunday) burning CDs for a session, so I figured I should use this time (while I wait for them to burn) to finally post!
Christmas portrait mayhem is about to start slowing down. I had my last 2 Christmas sessions yesterday and this is my last week of major editing/getting orders out. While I still have three sessions and a wedding to photograph in the next couple weeks, there won't be the Mommy panic of "we have to get this right to be done in time for Christmas" that just comes with the holiday portrait territory. And by the way, I applaud all you parents out there! Picking out coordinating outfits for yourselves and your kiddos, keeping the kids clean on the way to your session, trying to not let your anxiety show to your kids during your session, and holding up your end of the bargain for their "rewards" at the end is not that easy! (Leaving any pressure on me? Nah!)
Of course, I hope I've held up my end of the bargain by presenting all 28 of you families I was blessed enough to meet this season with precious images of your little ones.


Meet little Z and his family who I photographed a couple weeks ago. They have a beautiful home with just the right nook for a family session.
I love Z 's curls. Both of the boys have them! Usually baby curls cease after the first haircut, but these cuties are lucky enough to get to hold on to their's! (Or should I say, their mommy is the lucky one?)


C had a goal to work towards, and he did a great job! He was promised cookies, milk, and candy if he behaved well for his pictures. (In rations...)
Well, he remembered every bit of those rewards coming his way because every few minutes he'd ask, "
am I getting cookies, milk, and candy?" He deserved it after being such a good boy.
I always tell parents that the reward system works for a productive session! No, not bribes... rewards!


They had just put the lights on their tree the night before, but no ornaments yet. The boxes of ornaments can be all sorts of things when you use your imagination! Z and his big brother scooted those boxes all over the place - thank goodness the ornaments were plastic, and not glass!







No comments: