Sunday, December 16, 2007

Piler

Hello, blogger world. I've neglected you. Not intentionally, I've said this before, and I mean it. Just busy. I'm happy that our "usual" relationship shall resume soon.
I've officially got 5 sessions patiently waiting for their at-one-time-would-have-been "sneak" peeks, but now have viewed their session so they can get them back in time for Christmas; therefore, once their blog's are posted, it will be a repeat viewing. (*I think that's officially not a run-on sentence.*) I really have goals to get those posted this week! You might be wondering why this post isn't one of those...I'm just going cross-eyed from editing, so I wanted to post non-photo related, just this afternoon, I promise this will not be a regular occurrence! But, I AM going to post a session tonight, but they're worthy of their own post. I didn't want to attach someone's precious pictures to my boring ramblings.
Le sigh... I am pleased though that I was able to turn around all of my clients' sessions in time to be given as Christmas gifts!
:) *take the positive where I can!*

Okay, so a little secret about me: I'm a piler. Just papers, not really objects. I have to have things out in view to remember to do them - pay bills mostly. I would take a picture of my piles, but that would be way too embarrassing! Of course this frustrates my husband. I have, however, gotten better about storing my piles in our guest room, out of sight of visitors! I don't know what it is, why I can't just get organized. It's also a matter of not knowing where to put things, but not wanting to throw them out. Like the Halloween card my sweet mother-in-law sent me, (yes, two months ago). I know most of you are saying "throw it away!" But, I like to hold on to those little things every now and then. Not every year, but this year's card was really cute! So it's in a pile because I don't know where to store it, but, yep - don't want to throw it away! I'm sure even she would tell me to throw it away. Her son certainly has...
I blame my father. It's in the genes. He's known for his effortless skillz among those in the "pack-rat" brotherhood. (No, not the Rat Pack - though that would be WAY cooler!) There could be a brotherhood. You either are one or ya ain't! It's good that I married an "ain't" member, can you imagine otherwise? We'd have to move from our pretty much empty 4 bedroom to a...I don't know how big....
It's mostly mementos. At my parent's house, my old bedroom is filled with my childhood belongings, and man, I could pretty much narrate my entire childhood just from the things I've kept, all labeled with the date, of course. I don't know why, but in high school I thought it was necessary to take menus from the restaurants we ate at on special occasions with our friends. Like birthdays, or after the homecoming dance. They're all dated, and some of them may even have the people I ate with. Is that sad?
Can you imagine when we have a kid? I'll probably keep it's first dirty diaper, just cuz it's a "first". I already know I plan on keeping the positive pregnancy test stick. Yes, it's full of my #1, but it's special, gosh darn it!!! Did any of you do that? Am I weird for wanting to hold on to that?
Well, maybe I do hoard objects, and not just papers. But, I don't keep the objects in piles! Just drawers.
Anywho, so there. A little "Julie-ism" that is not known among strangers. Which I don't know why I thought it necessary to be known, but I don't mind getting personal. Eh, we're friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I actually kept my oldest daughter, Melissa's, umbilical cord when it finally fell off and put it in the baby book! That was 38 years ago, I don't think I want to get it out and take a peek. But I do think whatever you want to keep is "perfectly" (as in somwhat) normal!! Sally (BOO)

Anonymous said...

I swear to gosh, I was just about to say 'as long as you don't save the stump!!'... haha! No, I didn't save my pg test. I did for a few weeks, when it was at the 'maximum surreal' stage.. then I thought 'it's my dried pee! I'll have a better reminder of this moment in the form of a BABY soon!!'.. so I chucked it.
But I SAY, to each their own. Craziness is all subjective. :)